Economic Development Administration
U.S. Department of Commerce
The Economic Development Administration’s (EDA) Web site provides information on grants for infrastructure development, local capacity building, and business development. EDA helps economically distressed communities alleviate conditions of substantial and persistent unemployment and underemployment.
Economic Development Programs
U.S. Department of Commerce
Communities economically impacted by major base closures or realignments may be eligible for funding under the Economic Development Administration’s (EDA) Planning, Technical Assistance, and Public Works programs. These grants provide substantial funds for a range of services including: infrastructure development, technology initiatives, revolving loan funds, and other economic development strategies.
- 11.300 Investments for Public Works and Economic Development Facilities
- 11.302 Economic Development_Support for Planning Organizations
- 11.303 Local Technical Assistance
- 11.303 University Center Economic Development
- 11.307 Economic Adjustment Assistance Program
- 11.312 Research and Evaluation Program
- 11.313 Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms Program
USDA Service Centers /Rural Development Centers
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Rural Development Centers achieve their mission by helping rural individuals, communities, and businesses obtain the financial and technical assistance needed to address their diverse and unique needs by offering grants, loans, and loan guarantees. USDA Rural Development‘s main programs are as follows: Single Family Housing Programs, Multi-Family Housing Programs, Community Facility Programs, Water and Waste Programs, Utility Programs, and Business Programs. Rural Development has 47 State offices, 467 local offices, and 198 area offices. Contact information can be found at the Web site above.
- 10.352 Value-Added Producer Grants
- 10.415 Rural Rental Housing Loans
- 10.427 Rural Rental Assistance Payments
- 10.446 Rural Community Development Initiative
- 10.447 The Rural Development (RD) Multi-Family Housing Revitalization Demonstration Program (MPR)
- 10.760 Water and Waste Disposal Systems for Rural Communities
- 10.762 Solid Waste Management Grants
- 10.766 Community Facilities Loans and Grants
- 10.768 Business and Industry Loans
- 10.769 Rural Business Enterprise Grants
- 10.854 Rural Economic Development Loans and Grants
- 10.855 Distance Learning and Telemedicine Loans and Grants
Skills Partnership Self-Assessment Tool
U.S. Department of Labor
Skills Partnership Self-Assessment Rating Sheet helps practitioners examine their local and regional area’s current capacity and ability to establish and operate regional skills partnerships, sector-based initiatives, and related activities that contribute to a demand-driven workforce system. The evaluation factors were originally identified in the course of Public Policy Associates, Inc.’s national evaluation of 50 U.S. Department of Labor demonstration projects that focused on skills shortages. This worksheet may be helpful to local communities working to develop strategic partnerships to address a BRAC event.