- U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis: Regional Economic Accounts
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS)
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Guide to State and Local Workforce Data
- U.S. Department of Labor: “Quick Lesson” Data Podcasts
- Innovative Data Sources for Regional Economic Analysis
- U.S. Cluster Mapping
- Calculating Innovation Capacity
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: Consolidated Plan and Continuum of Care Planning Tool
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: Rural-Urban Commuting Area Codes
In the News
May 19, 2015 – Brookings (The Avenue blog), By Mark Muro It’s old news that an explosion of Internet-based tools and services—think GitHub and Amazon Web Services—has made it easier and cheaper for entrepreneurs to transform their cool ideas into finished software products.
May 19, 2015 – HamptonRoads.com, By U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Fred Metz (ret.) Will the DOD Budget Impact the Sluggish Hampton Roads Economy? Last Friday the House passed the DOD Budget.(Authority, Appropriation latter) The $495.5 billion base budget was below the mandated sequester limit. In...
May 19, 2015 – The New York Times, By Diane Cardwell All 50 states could become wind energy producers, according to an Energy Department report released Tuesday, once the next generation of larger, taller turbines in development hits the market.
May 18, 2015 – LimaOhio.com, By Danae Kin LIMA — Task Force L.I.M.A. is hoping to get the Joint Systems Manufacturing Center “on the mind of decision makers” when it comes to the Ohio Federal Military Jobs Commission.
May 18, 2015 – Military Times, By Leo Shane III Pentagon officials won’t get congressional permission for a new base closure round next year. But they might be inching closer.
May 14, 2015 – U.S. Department of Defense, By Jim Garamone WASHINGTON, May 14, 2015 – The military has two jobs for America: to fight today’s wars and to prepare to fight the wars of the future, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said in West Point, New York, today.