- U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis: Regional Economic Accounts
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS)
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Guide to State and Local Workforce Data
- U.S. Department of Labor: “Quick Lesson” Data Podcasts
- Innovative Data Sources for Regional Economic Analysis
- U.S. Cluster Mapping
- Calculating Innovation Capacity
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: Consolidated Plan and Continuum of Care Planning Tool
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: Rural-Urban Commuting Area Codes
In the News
September 29, 2015 – Stars and Stripes, By Steven Beardsley Defense spending is playing a smaller role in state economies across the U.S. as the military shrinks and budget caps remain in place, the Pentagon said in a new report.
September 28, 2015 – Gazettes (Long Beach,CA), By Harry Saltzgaver Long Beach has received a $3.9 million federal grant to help mitigate impacts of Boeing closing its C-17 cargo plane manufacturing plant.
September 26, 2015 – The Tribune-Democrat, By Kecia Bal Through a new local venture, technology developed to train soldiers or assemble battalions can be employed to sharpen skills and build better teams at companies and corporations.
September 25, 2015 – Governing, By Robert J. O’Neill Many challenges lie ahead. Cities and counties will need to collaborate and innovate as never before.
September 24, 2015 – Macomb Daily Macomb County firms that perform defense-related work are expected to benefit from a $6 million federal grant awarded recently by the Department of Defense Office of Economic Adjustment.
September 23, 2015 – U.S. Department of Commerce American manufacturing is making a comeback, and for good reason. For every $1.00 invested in manufacturing, the sector generates $1.32 for the economy. Moreover, manufacturing jobs are highly skilled, well-paying career opportunities that provide a...