- U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis: Regional Economic Accounts
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS)
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Guide to State and Local Workforce Data
- U.S. Department of Labor: “Quick Lesson” Data Podcasts
- Innovative Data Sources for Regional Economic Analysis
- U.S. Cluster Mapping
- Calculating Innovation Capacity
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: Consolidated Plan and Continuum of Care Planning Tool
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: Rural-Urban Commuting Area Codes
In the News
August 25, 2015 – Augusta Free Press Governor Terry McAuliffe announced Monday that Virginia has been awarded $5.4 million in federal Community Planning Assistance Funds from the Department of Defense Office of Economic Adjustment.
August 24, 2015 – wkms 91.3 fm (Murray State’s NPR Station), By Parker Franklin The Kentucky Commission on Military Affairs has received a $618,437 federal grant to help explore defense-related economic opportunities statewide.
August 24, 2015 – National Governors Association WASHINGTON—Using data to track recent graduates in the workforce helps ensure postsecondary education institutions are preparing graduates for successful careers, according to a report released today by the National Governors Association (NGA).
August 23, 2015 – Northwest News Network (Oregon Public Broadcasting), By Tom Banse The Boeing Company built more than 700 KC-135 Stratotankers for the Air Force in the 1950s to the mid-1960’s. The majority of these “flying gas stations” are still flying today.
August 19, 2015 – The Day, By Kimberly Drelich A study will consider how the Stones Ranch Military Reservation and its three neighboring towns can plan for the future, without impeding each other’s growth.
August 19, 2015 – U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter’s Facebook Page Join me LIVE on Sept 1 from 0900-1000 EDT for my very first Worldwide Troop Talk. For one hour I will take questions from across the globe via social media. Ask your questions in the comments section below with #AskSecDef or...