- U.S. Economic Development Administration
- USDA Rural Development
- NIST Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Commercial Service
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Community Development Financial Institutions Fund: Certified CDFIs
- U.S. Minority Business Development Agency
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Brownfields Initiative
- U.S. Department of Transportation: Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- Startup America
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta: Podcasts on Economic Development
- Know Your Region: A Template for Future Prosperity
- Identifying and Supporting Venture Development Organizations
- U.S. Economic Development Administration: Incubator “Practitioner’s Toolkit”
- U.S. Economic Development Administration and Small Business Administration: Startup University
- Free and Low Cost Entrepreneurship Training Courses
- Supplier Connection
- NGA Policy Academy - Making Our Future: What States Are Doing to Encourage Growth in Manufacturing through Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Investment
- Entrepreneur.com - A Cluster of Clusters: Where the SBA Is Investing in Regional Economies
In the News
November 20, 2015 – ExecutiveGov, By Marie-Louise Hoffman The General Services Administration has kicked off its Economic Catalyst Initiative with a three-city tour as the agency works to align federal construction, leasing and relocation programs with local...
Study: Region lost $782 million in defense contract cuts from 2010 to 2012; defense-reliant firms urged to diversify, reposition
November 19, 2015 – The Tribune-Democrat, By Kecia Bal A new report quantifies the extent of loss in area defense contracts – more than $700 million in a two-year span – and urges local companies to innovate and diversify.
November 18, 2015 – U.S. Department of Defense November 18, 2015 — Defense Secretary Ash Carter is scheduled to deliver a speech at George Washington University announcing personnel reforms as part of his Force of the Future initiative. Check back to watch the event live on defense.gov.
November 16, 2015 – Times Record News (Witchita Falls), By Claire Kowalick Bringing together common values and goals, the Wichita Falls City Council will consider a resolution to aid a project near the Sheppard Air Force Base main gate.
November 16, 2015 – Governing, By Pedro Nava, David Beier With new tools at their disposal, governments have the opportunity to create a golden age of citizen engagement. That could do a lot for trust in government.
November 13, 2015 – Association of Defense Communities (ADC), By Dan Cohen California Rep. Sam Farr (D), a champion for defense community issues on both the national and local level since entering Congress more than 22 years ago, announced Thursday that he plans to...