- U.S. Economic Development Administration
- USDA Rural Development
- NIST Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Commercial Service
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Community Development Financial Institutions Fund: Certified CDFIs
- U.S. Minority Business Development Agency
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Brownfields Initiative
- U.S. Department of Transportation: Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- Startup America
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta: Podcasts on Economic Development
- Know Your Region: A Template for Future Prosperity
- Identifying and Supporting Venture Development Organizations
- U.S. Economic Development Administration: Incubator “Practitioner’s Toolkit”
- U.S. Economic Development Administration and Small Business Administration: Startup University
- Free and Low Cost Entrepreneurship Training Courses
- Supplier Connection
- NGA Policy Academy - Making Our Future: What States Are Doing to Encourage Growth in Manufacturing through Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Investment
- Entrepreneur.com - A Cluster of Clusters: Where the SBA Is Investing in Regional Economies
In the News
August 25, 2015 – Augusta Free Press Governor Terry McAuliffe announced Monday that Virginia has been awarded $5.4 million in federal Community Planning Assistance Funds from the Department of Defense Office of Economic Adjustment.
August 24, 2015 – wkms 91.3 fm (Murray State’s NPR Station), By Parker Franklin The Kentucky Commission on Military Affairs has received a $618,437 federal grant to help explore defense-related economic opportunities statewide.
August 24, 2015 – National Governors Association WASHINGTON—Using data to track recent graduates in the workforce helps ensure postsecondary education institutions are preparing graduates for successful careers, according to a report released today by the National Governors Association (NGA).
August 23, 2015 – Northwest News Network (Oregon Public Broadcasting), By Tom Banse The Boeing Company built more than 700 KC-135 Stratotankers for the Air Force in the 1950s to the mid-1960’s. The majority of these “flying gas stations” are still flying today.
August 19, 2015 – The Day, By Kimberly Drelich A study will consider how the Stones Ranch Military Reservation and its three neighboring towns can plan for the future, without impeding each other’s growth.
August 19, 2015 – U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter’s Facebook Page Join me LIVE on Sept 1 from 0900-1000 EDT for my very first Worldwide Troop Talk. For one hour I will take questions from across the globe via social media. Ask your questions in the comments section below with #AskSecDef or...