- U.S. Economic Development Administration
- USDA Rural Development
- NIST Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Commercial Service
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Community Development Financial Institutions Fund: Certified CDFIs
- U.S. Minority Business Development Agency
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Brownfields Initiative
- U.S. Department of Transportation: Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- Startup America
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta: Podcasts on Economic Development
- Know Your Region: A Template for Future Prosperity
- Identifying and Supporting Venture Development Organizations
- U.S. Economic Development Administration: Incubator “Practitioner’s Toolkit”
- U.S. Economic Development Administration and Small Business Administration: Startup University
- Free and Low Cost Entrepreneurship Training Courses
- Supplier Connection
- NGA Policy Academy - Making Our Future: What States Are Doing to Encourage Growth in Manufacturing through Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Investment
- Entrepreneur.com - A Cluster of Clusters: Where the SBA Is Investing in Regional Economies
In the News
February 28, 2015 – The Fayetteville Observer, By Drew Brooks Military Congressional aides said North Carolina leaders aren't taking the fight to save Fort Bragg's 440th Airlift Wing lightly.
February 26, 2015 – HeraldOnline.com, By Jeff Wilkinson Army leaders at a listening session on potential cuts at Fort Jackson on Thursday said a decision would be made in late spring, announced in early summer and the outcome would be enforced Oct. 1.
February 24, 2015 – Brookings, By Amy Liu and Owen Washburn Metropolitan leaders across the country share a desire to create high quality jobs, get more young adults and other workers into those jobs, expand incomes, reduce inequality, and keep their core industries competitive in the face of...
February 23, 2015 – FOX 11 News, Alex Ronallo OSHKOSH – Is Oshkosh turning around from a wage loss of up to $100 million a year? The region was hit hard by 2,000 lost jobs at Oshkosh Defense the last two years.
February 22, 2015 – Association of Defense Communities While it’s still uncertain when the next round of base closures will be held, leaders in northern Alabama believe they have taken the necessary steps to ensure Redstone Arsenal is well positioned.
February 22, 2015 – Monterey Herald, By Phillip Molnar Marina – Imagine hundreds of pedestrians biking and walking past scrub oak trees on their way to Silicon Valley-style jobs.