- U.S. Economic Development Administration
- USDA Rural Development
- NIST Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Commercial Service
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Community Development Financial Institutions Fund: Certified CDFIs
- U.S. Minority Business Development Agency
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Brownfields Initiative
- U.S. Department of Transportation: Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- Startup America
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta: Podcasts on Economic Development
- Know Your Region: A Template for Future Prosperity
- Identifying and Supporting Venture Development Organizations
- U.S. Economic Development Administration: Incubator “Practitioner’s Toolkit”
- U.S. Economic Development Administration and Small Business Administration: Startup University
- Free and Low Cost Entrepreneurship Training Courses
- Supplier Connection
- NGA Policy Academy - Making Our Future: What States Are Doing to Encourage Growth in Manufacturing through Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Investment
- Entrepreneur.com - A Cluster of Clusters: Where the SBA Is Investing in Regional Economies
In the News
May 19, 2015 – Brookings (The Avenue blog), By Mark Muro It’s old news that an explosion of Internet-based tools and services—think GitHub and Amazon Web Services—has made it easier and cheaper for entrepreneurs to transform their cool ideas into finished software products.
May 19, 2015 – HamptonRoads.com, By U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Fred Metz (ret.) Will the DOD Budget Impact the Sluggish Hampton Roads Economy? Last Friday the House passed the DOD Budget.(Authority, Appropriation latter) The $495.5 billion base budget was below the mandated sequester limit. In...
May 19, 2015 – The New York Times, By Diane Cardwell All 50 states could become wind energy producers, according to an Energy Department report released Tuesday, once the next generation of larger, taller turbines in development hits the market.
May 18, 2015 – LimaOhio.com, By Danae Kin LIMA — Task Force L.I.M.A. is hoping to get the Joint Systems Manufacturing Center “on the mind of decision makers” when it comes to the Ohio Federal Military Jobs Commission.
May 18, 2015 – Military Times, By Leo Shane III Pentagon officials won’t get congressional permission for a new base closure round next year. But they might be inching closer.
May 14, 2015 – U.S. Department of Defense, By Jim Garamone WASHINGTON, May 14, 2015 – The military has two jobs for America: to fight today’s wars and to prepare to fight the wars of the future, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said in West Point, New York, today.