- Local Official’s Guide to Defense Industry Adjustment
- Quick Start Guide to Organizing a Regional Economic Adjustment Response
- Business Transitions
- Workforce Transitions
- Appendix Chapter 3 – Defining the Economic Region
- Appendix Chapter 3 – Understanding Regional Impacts and Data
- Appendix Chapter 4 – Worker Survey Administered for Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- Appendix Chapter 5 – Elements of Communications Plan
- Appendix Chapter 6 – Project Charter Example
- Appendix Chapter 6 – Link to a Social Network Mapping Report
- Appendix Chapter 6 – Asset Map Metrics
- Appendix Chapter 6 – Asset Map Dataset
- Appendix Chapter 7 – Approach to and Examples of Visioning
- Appendix Chapter 8 – Community Engagement – Building Participation and Consensus
In the News
February 2015 – Economic Development Administration, By Jay Williams When I was growing up Youngstown, Ohio was the sort of place you worked to get out of. Crime was bad. The economy was stagnant. It seemed like everyone thought that you had to leave to make something of yourself. But Youngstown was my...
February 6, 2015 – philly.com, By Jessica Parks Two area congressmen said Friday that the Navy’s repeated delays on off-loading the former Willow Grove air base were having a ripple effect on the ability of local, state, and federal agencies to plan for the future.
February 9, 2015 – Dothan Eagle, By Lance Griffin Automatic budget cuts scheduled to begin this October would have a significant effect on the communities surrounding Fort Rucker, an Army report concludes.
February 9, 2015 – military.com, By Tim Lockette Anniston Star (AL) – When Anniston Army Depot announced the layoff of 190 workers last week, it was a reminder of the local economy's decades-long dependence on defense spending. But it wasn’t the only disquieting news local military and business...
Fayetteville Observer – Updated: February 5, 2015 RALEIGH - Gov. Pat McCrory used his biennial State of the State address on Wednesday to announce plans to create a N.C. Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
February 3, 2015 – DoD News, Defense Media Activity, By Cheryl Pellerin Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey and the Joint Chiefs yesterday signed a letter that will go to all transitioning service members, urging them to continue serving the nation as civilians in their...