July 8, 2015 – U.S. Department of Defense – DoD News, Defense Media Activity
WASHINGTON, July 6, 2015 – Defense Secretary Ash Carter today announced the 2015 recipients of the Commander in Chief’s Annual Award for Installation Excellence:
The winning installations are:
- Army: U.S. Army Garrison Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield, Georgia;
- Marine Corps: Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, North Carolina;
- Navy: Naval Air Station Pensacola, Florida;
- Air Force: Joint Base Andrews, Maryland; and
- Defense Logistics Agency: DLA Distribution Susquehanna, Pennsylvania.
The award recognizes outstanding and innovative efforts of the people who operate and maintain U.S. military installations, Pentagon officials said.
Mission Performance, Quality of Life
“Excellent installations enable better mission performance and enhance the quality of life for military men and women and their families,” officials said in a statement announcing the winners. “Each winning installation succeeded in providing excellent working, housing and recreational conditions.”
Each winning installation will receive a commemorative trophy and flag, as well as a congratulatory letter from the president.
The information above is for general awareness only and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Office of Economic Adjustment or the Department of Defense as a whole.